Castello di Santa Maria Novella
A customized castle vacation for the event of a lifetime!
Castles are not only for fairy tales. Come stay in this 1,000-year-old Castello which has been standing tall upon the highest point between Florence and Siena since medieval times. Overlooking the famous wine growing region of Chianti, this castle is a place of pure beauty and harmony, and is the perfect venue for your next event or group vacation.
Its unique architecture and elegant courtyard creates the ideal environment in which you and all your guests can come together. Choose between the various common lounges, unique wine cellar, panoramic terrace, or lawn to host the perfect gathering to celebrate your special event while creating amazing memories.
When you rent the castello for your event, it becomes your home and you are the host.
During your stay the following will be at your disposal:
- Accommodations available for up to 40 guests in nineteen twin/double bedrooms and suites each with private baths
- Daily housekeeping services
- Breakfast daily is included with accommodations (lunches, dinners and receptions with open bar and the Chianti certified castello wine can be arranged at additional cost)
- Reception area, meeting rooms, communal lounges, dining rooms and cellar. The main conference/banquet room can accommodate up to 60 people, as can the former wine cellar which can be used as a dining room or activity room
- Tuscan country kitchen
- Outdoor panoramic swimming pool and terrace
- Resident manager on duty at all times for round-the-clock assistance
In addition to the standard on-site facilities, the following, among others, can be arranged for you and your guests. Let your imagination lead the way or allow us to help with suggestions:
- Old-world Tuscan dinners prepared in medieval fireplace
- Flag throwers
- Private concerts
- Wine tastings
- Tuscan cooking lessons
- Tuscan art and history lectures
- Hot air ballooning
- Transportation for individual or group sightseeing and visits
- Airport transfers
Explore surrounding medieval towns and farmsteads while relaxing in our welcoming and comfortable climate, and enjoy the pastoral gems in the ancient cities of Florence, Siena, and San Gimignano. The property’s 500 acres are ideal for hiking and walks through olive groves, vineyards and forests.
Questions or ideas? We are more than happy to customize your vacation to your needs. At the Castello, the possibilities are endless.